Electrical and Telecommunication Apprenticeships
Applying for Apprenticeship
We recruit people whose positive attitudes and determination to succeed would make them an excellent addition to our Electrical or Telecommunications Apprenticeship Program.
Applications for admission to the JATC are accepted once a year. While the dates will vary from year to year, the application process is usually scheduled for a few weeks in November. Those that complete an application will be scheduled for a general aptitude test sometime in January or February. Applicants that meet the minimum test score will be scheduled for an interview in the spring.
Applications Accepted in person only on the dates and times below.
JATC of Greater Boston
194 Freeport Street
Dorchester, MA 02122
Tuesdays and Thursdays, November 2, 7, 9, 14, 16 and 21
Saturdays, November 4 and 18
No Applications on dates or times other than those listed.
In order to apply, you must meet the following requirements:
1) Age – Must be 18 years of age or older. (Those applying in 2017 must turn 18 by June 30, 2018.)
2) Education – Must have ONE of the following:
a) High School Diploma
3) Application Fee – $50.00 Electrical Program, $50.00 Telecommunications Program; payable at time of application. Fee is non-refundable. Payable by Credit Card or Money Order. No Cash or Personal Checks accepted.
4) Drug test – Must be able to pass a drug test before beginning apprenticeship. The JATC has a zero tolerance policy for drug use. (Apprenticeship offers will be withdrawn upon positive drug test results.) Apprentices are drug tested throughout apprenticeship.
5) This is a web-based program – Applicants must have a valid email address. Accepted Applicants are required to have access to the internet and a computer.
6) Aptitude Test – Aptitude Test S-72R77 will be scheduled for all applicants. Applicants for the Electrical Apprenticeship must score High (H) to qualify for interview. There is no minimum qualifying score for Telecommunication Applicants. Click here for Aptitude Test Description, Information and Tips
7) Other Requirements – Applicants must be legally eligible to work in the United States and live within the area covered by Local 103, IBEW. Click here for a listing of towns in our jurisdiction
Equal Opportunity Pledge
The recruitment, selection, employment, and training of apprentices during their apprenticeship with the Boston JATC, shall be without discrimination because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sex or sexual orientation. Further, the Boston JATC agrees to take affirmative action to provide equal opportunity in apprenticeship and will operate the apprenticeship program as required under Title 29 of the Code of Federal Regulations, part 30, as amended, and Chapter 23 of the Massachusetts General Laws.