In order to apply, you must meet the following requirements:
1) Age – Must be 18 years of age or older. (Those applying in 2021 must turn 18 by August 31, 2022.)
2) Education – Must have ONE of the following by June 2022: a) High School Diploma b) GED or HiSet c) Two-year Associates Degree or Higher
3) Application Fee – $50.00 Electrical Program, $50.00 Telecommunications Program; payable by Credit Card or Debit Card at the time of online application. Fee is non-refundable.
4) Drug test – Must be able to pass a drug test before beginning apprenticeship. The JATC has a zero tolerance policy for drug use. (Apprenticeship offers will be withdrawn upon positive drug test results.) Apprentices are drug tested throughout apprenticeship. As with most construction-related industries, our program does NOT permit the use marijuana or opiate maintenance drugs. Your pre-employment drug test and any subsequent random testing on the job and in school will be screened for such and you will be disqualified if tested positive. A list of banned substances and more information can be found at the JATC’s medical officer’s website; http://modernassistance.com/services/drug-testing/
5) This is a web-based program – Applicants must have a valid email address. Accepted Applicants are required to have access to the internet and a computer.
6) Aptitude Test – Aptitude Test S-72R77 will be scheduled for all applicants. Applicants for the Electrical Apprenticeship must score High to qualify for interview. Applicants for the Telecommunications Apprenticeship must score High or Medium to qualify for interview. Click here for Aptitude Test Description, Information and Tips
7) Other Requirements – Applicants must:
a) be legally eligible to work in the United States
b) live within the area covered by Local 103, IBEW Click here for a listing of towns in our jurisdiction
c) provide proof of Covid-19 vaccination before being assigned to work in 2022 (if accepted)