Apprentices: Check your email for Important Updates
Back to work Guidance
Massachusetts Covid-19 Construction Guidelines
Tips for Managing Anxiety
Filing for Unemployment
If you wish to file for unemployment, Click this link
IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT FILING FOR UNEMPLOYMENT: JATC Apprentices and CWs are NOT considered students. Answer the questions accordingly.
The documents below should answer any questions you may have about health coverage, etc.:
2019-2020 School Year Information
Apprentice Step Raises
Please see important Apprentice Pay Rate Information on the Apprentice Login Tab
2019-2020 Book Information
Book Cost Flyer: 2019-2020 Book Cost Flyer
Access your apprentice account:
- Click here to log in
- To Login…you must use your email address that is on file with the JATC. If you do not have an email on file, call the JATC office and supply your current email.
- The FIRST TIME you log on, enter your email address and click “Reset Password”
- An email will be sent to your address, click the link in the email and type in a password
- Go back to login screen and login using your password
First steps to apply for your license:
- Get 272 Forms totaling 8,000 hours for Journeyman Electrician License or 4,000 hours for Systems Technician License
EL 272 Form-printable TC 272 Form-printable
- Fill out application for exam License Application-printable
- Obtain a copy of your high school diploma or equivalency (OR a copy of your high school transcript)
- Submit a clear, recent photo of yourself – 2″ x 2″ with a plain background
- Complete a 15-hour Code Update Course (Will be required to be submitted with your license application 90 days after the COVID-19 state of emergency is lifted)
- Drop above items at JATC office. We will check for thoroughness, calculate your hours, notarize your application and issue a school certificate. We will email you when it is ready and schedule an appointment for you to come back to the office to finalize it. ALLOW 2 – 4 WEEKS FOR REVIEW BY THE JATC OFFICE.
Click Here for State licensing requirements effective February 7, 2020
Click Here for contact information of approved code update providers
All forms needed are located above as printable PDFs and also available in the JATC Lobby.
The apprentice rules and regulations state “An apprentice having served 8000 hours with the JATC Program and receiving Pay Period 8 will be advanced to Pay Period 9 only upon his/her attempting the Massachusetts State Examination for Licensure and notifying the JATC. Note: It is the apprentice’s responsibility to notify the JATC of having taken the Massachusetts State Examination for Licensure. An apprentice will advance to Step 9 if the JATC determines the apprentice provided satisfactory evidence that he/she attempted the exam. Pay Period 9 will go into effect the day after the JATC is provided satisfactory evidence.”
All apprentices are responsible for notifying the JATC office upon obtaining their license.
If you’re having LMS issues FIRST attempting to use an alternative internet browser. Some lessons will not work on Google Chrome, but will work on Internet Explorer or Firefox.
If all else fails, contact LMS Support. The LMS Support team is very helpful, simply explain your issue in your ticket and submit. You may not get an instant response, but someone will get back to you in a timely manner.
Apprentice Tool Lists: