2019-2020 School Year Information
2019-2020 Book Information
Book Cost Flyer: 2019-2020 Book Cost Flyer
Book payment MUST be paid in full through your apprentice account (see steps below) by your first scheduled day of school. Those who fail to pay their full balance will be sent home from school and marked absent for the day. Book Pick up will occur on your first day of school during your first period.
Materials Required for classes:
Third Year Electrical – you MUST bring your Residential Blueprints from your second year to your FIRST blueprints class.
Fourth Year Electrical (Groups E and F) – Please bring both your NEC book and you NFPA -72 Fire Alarm and Signaling Code book to class on 9/24.
Those who DO NOT have all of the required materials for class will be set home and marked absent for the day.
Access your apprentice account:
- Click here to log in
- To Login…you must use your email address that is on file with the JATC.If you do not have an email on file, call the JATC office and supply your current email.
- The FIRST TIME you log on, enter your email address and click “Reset Password”
- An email will be sent to your address, click the link in the email and type in a password
- Go back to login screen and login using your password
First steps to apply for your license:
- Get 272 Forms totaling 8,000 hours for Journeyman Electrician License or 4,000 hours for Systems Technician License
EL 272 Form-printable TC 272 Form-printable
- Fill out application for exam Application for Exam-printable
- Obtain a copy of your high school diploma or equivalency (OR a copy of your high school transcript)
- Submit a clear, recent photo of yourself – 2″ x 2″ with a plain background
- Drop above items at JATC office. We will check for thoroughness, calculate your hours, notarize your application and issue a school certificate. We will email you when it is ready and schedule an appointment for you to come back to the office to finalize it. ALLOW 2 – 4 WEEKS FOR REVIEW BY THE JATC OFFICE.
All forms needed are located above as printable PDFs and also available in the JATC Lobby.
The apprentice rules and regulations state “An apprentice having served 8000 hours with the JATC Program and receiving Pay Period 8 will be advanced to Pay Period 9 only upon his/her attempting the Massachusetts State Examination for Licensure and notifying the JATC. Note: It is the apprentice’s responsibility to notify the JATC of having taken the Massachusetts State Examination for Licensure. An apprentice will advance to Step 9 if the JATC determines the apprentice provided satisfactory evidence that he/she attempted the exam. Pay Period 9 will go into effect the day after the JATC is provided satisfactory evidence.”
All apprentices are responsible for notifying the JATC office upon obtaining their license.
Apprentice Tool Lists: