In order to apply, you must meet the following requirements:
1) Age – Must be 18 years of age or older. (Those applying in 2018 must turn 18 by June 30, 2019.)
2) Education – Must have ONE of the following by June 2019: a) High School Diploma b) GED c) Two-year Associates Degree or Higher
3) Application Fee – $50.00 Electrical Program, $50.00 Telecommunications Program; payable by Credit Card or Debit Card at the time of online application. Fee is non-refundable.
4) Drug test – Must be able to pass a drug test before beginning apprenticeship. The JATC has a zero tolerance policy for drug use. (Apprenticeship offers will be withdrawn upon positive drug test results.) Apprentices are drug tested throughout apprenticeship.
5) This is a web-based program – Applicants must have a valid email address. Accepted Applicants are required to have access to the internet and a computer.
6) Aptitude Test – Aptitude Test S-72R77 will be scheduled for all applicants. Applicants for the Electrical Apprenticeship must score High to qualify for interview. Applicants for the Telecommunications Apprenticeship must score High or Medium to qualify for interview. Click here for Aptitude Test Description, Information and Tips
7) Other Requirements – Applicants must be legally eligible to work in the United States and live within the area covered by Local 103, IBEW. Click here for a listing of towns in our jurisdiction